Saturday, September 20, 2008

Activity Alley: Welcome

Welcome to Activity Alley! First, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. Then I'd like to let you know what to expect from this site in the coming months.

As a mother of 5, my family is the most important thing in my life. I believe that there is no greater gift that I can give to my children than to spend quality time with them. Time to talk, time to play, time to read, time to share, and time to love.

If you are a parent, then you already know that the experiences our children have, regardless of where these occur and who they are shared with, shape and mold them into their future selves. The time that we, as parents, spend with our kids will affect who they become as adults since it gives us a chance to directly affect our children's personalities, value systems, opinions, ambitions, and feelings. Because we as parents have a vested interest in our children and their futures, I wanted to create a website to share this passion with other parents.

I plan to post ideas for kids activities and kids crafts on a regular basis. And I'll incorporate regular book reviews. I'd also like to include a letter to parents. In this section, we can discuss issues that arise in our families and with our children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great blog. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Picaboo